Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter

I follow this awesome foodie blog (Sally's Baking Addiction), and this week she posted this recipe for homemade peanut butter that I couldn't wait to try.  Only 3 ingredients, and super easy.  I made it today and it is AMAZING!!  I feel like this one will not last very long and am already thinking ahead to other combinations to try!  YUM!

Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter

1 1/2 cups Honey Roasted Peanuts
1/2 cup Raisins
1 tsp ground cinnamon

1.  Place nuts in blender or food processor and blend until smooth, stopping periodically to scrap down sides.
2.  Add cinnamon and pulse until thoroughly mixed in 
3.  Add raisins and pulse until desired coarseness.

(Keep in refrigerator up to 3 weeks)

Notes:

  • Honey Roasted peanuts provide sweetness without having to add sweeteners, if you use plain roast nuts, you'll probably want to add a squirt of honey.
  • I'm not really a "measurer" so my amounts were roughly eyeballed, my teaspoon of cinnamon was pretty heaping, but make it how YOU like it!
  • I also ground my raisins in until smooth, but you might like a little more texture.
  • Peanut butter will not be completely smooth like a creamy spread, but more like a coarse smooth.  If you like crunchy, just blend on a lower speed or for less time.  Again make it the way YOU like it.  
Enjoy!

No comments: