Friday, May 22, 2015

Fast Fact Friday

Here's another challenge I'll try to randomly complete as I have time.

It's all about recording your personal history, I'm not sure what exactly I will do with that, but it does get you thinking, and it would be fun to look back on later.  Feel free play along, but don't feel obligated, post your link in the comments, I'd love learn some Fast Facts about you too!




Today's Theme:  Today’s theme is religion.  For many, religion is central to how life is lived, and it’s important to record this!  

***********************************

1.  What is your religion? Christian

2.  How did you come to be a part of that religion? I was raised Catholic and always considered myself a Christian, but later joined the Baptist church and recognize a need for a much deeper personal relationship with God.

3.  How has your religion helped you in your life? I think it helps me through difficult times.  God never promises that we won't have trouble, in fact He points out that we will, but that He will bring us through.  He protects me and gives me hope to look toward a time past my strife, strength to get through it and peace while on my journey.  I am 100% confident that I am never facing my problems alone and that He will get me through them.  Nothing is impossible for God.  Ever notice how something seems SOOOO hard while you're going through it, but then later you can remember it and think..."that really wasn't that hard now that I think about it." and are able to encourage others through something similar?  Or how you somehow narrowly escape some dangerous situation, that you statistically shouldn't have?  Only God.  He is able.


4.  What religious ceremonies have your completed or participated in? I got baptized the first time when I was about 6, Then being raised Catholic I attended Sunday School each week and went through my first communion.  Unfortunately I pulled away some in my teen years and never completed confirmation.  However, when I came back to Christ later I did recommit and get re-baptized again in October 2006.

5.  What do you love best about your religion?  What I love about the christian religion is the fact that everyone is welcomed.  My pastor is so awesome and admits his own "human-ness" all the time.  He does not judge.  The good thing is that God can use ANYONE, and in most cases He chooses to use the weak and sinners, to accomplish His miracles, and demonstrate our need for Him.  So others will know that an unlikely or impossible feat could be ONLY GOD.  We all have flaws, and problems, but the good news is that nothing is impossible for Him who gives us strength!

No comments: