Friday, January 10, 2014

A week in the life...

I was on vacation for the last 2 weeks and had to go back to work this week.  I was really dreading it, but as it turned out, it was kind of a slow week at work and went by kind of fast.

I do have a couple of updates to my list already too!

9. Eat Healthy ~ Remember how I said "More vegetables, less mexican food!"? …yeah, well….what if I did both?  I did continue with my green smoothie challenge every day this week (except today), but I still ate Mexican food….I can't help it, I'm addicted!  But Hey! No margaritas….yet :P

11.  Try a new recipe ~ So yes I've already done this twice, no wait!  Make that 3 times!  I've always liked to do this, but with working 2 jobs and having other activities I got into a bad habit of not cooking very often.  The girls started complaining about it, so I've been trying to be better about cooking at home.  Besides, its usually way healthier and a lot cheaper!  So for the past few weeks, I've been trying to mix it up a little and make some different stuff besides the same old, easy, boring meals.  My dad had given me a subscription to a cooking magazine called Simple and Delicious a couple of years ago, so I've been going through those and trying to try something out of there every week.  

Honestly, most of the recipes in the magazine are pretty simple, so last week we had Savory Beef & Noodles, and this week we had Creamy Chicken Pasta. 

I think I'm actually going to challenge myself to try something new at least once a month, if not weekly!

12. Join my own 'Pie of the Month' club ~ I started!  I won't check this off as complete until December, but I'm kind of excited about this one!  I actually decided to make 2 every month, a savory dinner pie one week and of course you can't even have a 'pie of the month' without a sweet dessert pie!  I think I'll blog separately about this one even and share my recipes with you guys!  More to come

13. Read 10 books ~ Off to a good start already!  I finally picked up Fifty Shades of Grey, I had to see what all the hoopla was about.  I liked it.  I then read Now You See Her, by James Patterson.  It was a pretty easy read and I finished it like 3 days.  I am currently about a third of the way through Takedown Twenty, by Janet Evanovich.  I didn't specify what kinds of books I'd read, don't expect any crazy brain numbing biographies or anything!

17. Escape for a weekend getaway ~ Crossing my fingers for Valentine's weekend! ;-)

25.  Follow a budget ~ Today was payday….I paid the bills that were due and then took out the rest of my money to put my Dave Ramsey envelope system.  I also took my debit card out of my wallet so NO FLOATING or cheating.  The beau and I are even attending and FPU class at church starting next week.  I have to behave and make this little bit of cash last 2 weeks…wish me luck!

36. Blog regularly ~ So twice in one week….

I can't believe I didn't add my sporting events to my list!!  Here are a couple of new items, these should be pretty easy to do

37.  Go to a Mavs game ~ I haven't been to a Mavs game in like 2 years, so it's time.  I'll drag the boyfriend with me, even though he's not a basketball fan.  It'll be like a "first", something we haven't ever done together :)

38.  Go to a Stars game ~ Something else I haven't done in a couple years.  

39.  Go to a Cowboys game ~ Of course this will have to wait until next fall, but totally doable.  I even know a couple of people who have season tickets I'm sure I could sweet talk them out of a pair.

40.  Go to a Rangers game ~ ….or 20.  This is probably cheating since I'm a season ticket holder.  I'd like to make it something like "Watch the Rangers win the World Series" but since that may or may not happen, depending on our completely new team, I don't want to make it too hard to accomplish.  But you can bet if we get there, I'll be at a game!!  Maybe I should challenge to take a certain number of different guests??  

41.  Paint a new painting ~ This is kind of a hobby I've picked up the last couple of years.  I go to a class and an instructor walks me through it, I'm not creative enough to do it by myself or know how to properly layer everything, but I can follow directions!  Plus it's fun to do with girlfriends, I've even taken my Boo and the girls.  Added bonus, you get to bring home something you made all by yourself!

42.  Suggestions…??

Happy Friday to all.  More later...



No comments: