Monday, February 17, 2014

Ants in the pants!

So I'm a total list maker.  Seriously if I don't write something down, I'll forget it.  Maybe I killed my short term cells in my youth, or maybe its teenager stress, or it comes with the territory as we get a little older each day…regardless I have some serious CRS disease.  (Can't Remember $h!t)

All that said, lists work for me.  Except….to have an unfinished list kind of stresses me out. I want to cross things off…like yesterday!  So here I sit with this list of 41 things I said I was going to do and I can't check them off fast enough!  I've been setting reminders of things that are coming up so I can schedule them, and buy tickets and plan when I'm going to mark things off my list!  And what was I thinking making these tasks that I can do more than once, or have to do multiple things to get done?!?!

Regardless, here's my progress this past week:

7. Go to a Museum ~ Done!  Check!  Jerry and I went to the Kimball Art Museum this weekend and saw the Samurai Warrior Exhibit and I got to see Mattise, Picasso, Degas and Monet without having to pay and extra $20 to get in! ;)

Weeping Willow - Claude Monet

Man Smoking Pipe - Pablo Picasso


11. Try a new Recipe ~ I tried another new one this week.  Chicken and Dumpling Casserole.  This one was a big hit, it was super easy and was made much like a dump cake.  You really didn't have to mix it up at all and it tasted just like chicken and dumplings, but wasn't soup like.  It was a big hit, especially with my beau, who volunteered to take all the leftovers, (what little was left) and already wants me to make it again! Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it out with your family:

Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
Ingredients2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cups chicken broth½ stick of butter2 cups Bisquick2 cups whole milk1 can cream of chicken soup (the herbed cream of chicken soup if you can find it)3 teaspoons of chicken granules
½ teaspoon dried sage1 teaspoon black pepper½ teaspoon of salt or more to taste
 DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.

Layer 1 - In 9 x 13 casserole dish, melt 1/2 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer. Do not stir.

Layer 2 - In small bowl, mix milk and Bisquick. Slowly pour all over chicken. Do not stir.

Layer 3 - In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of chicken broth, chicken granules and soup. Once blended, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer. Do not Stir.
Bake casserole for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown

12.  Pie of the Month ~ This week we had Chicken and Mushroom Pie.  No leftovers of this one, click here to read more about it.

21.  Add Charms to my Bracelet ~ My honey gave me a new charm for Valentine's Day.  He's so awesome!
My missing piece! <3 i="">


25.  Follow a Budget ~ I'm the "spreadsheet nerd" and have actually kept a budget for the past few years, and even tracked where I was spending.  But the problem was that I also have "free spirit" tendencies and wasn't actually FOLLOWING the budget.  I was way over in my allotted categories all the time, stealing from one to cover the other, so on…but at least I knew where I was overspending, right?  Wrong.  It hasn't been effective at all, I still have no money.  So for the past month I've actually been following the budget and it's HARD!  This last week we had to create a Zero Based Budget, actually give a name to every dollar coming in, and live by it.   I also had to write down my Debt Snowball and dangit I plan to follow it!  My problem now is that I have ants in the pants to pay everything off!  I want to get to the next baby step….heck I want to be completely debt free!  Anybody want to buy a teenager??  :P

28.  Listen to my entire iTunes library (121/5879) ~ I actually started this finally.  I figured it was another one I could be working on and getting checked off, so why hadn't I??  I have a total of 5879 songs in the library and decided I break it into chunks.  So starting alphabetically I sectioned all the songs that start with an 'A' into a playlist.  There are 241 songs just that start with 'A'!  Starting with, The A Team by Ed Sheeran all the way to Awesome is the Lord Most High by Chris Tomlin.  I've listened to 121 of those in the past week and am currently at American Honey by Lady Antebellum.

36.  Blog regularly ~ I did better this week.  This is my 3rd post in the past week! =)

Oh dang…did I say I only had 41 things to do?   Here's #42 :-/

42.  Go to an Air Show ~ there are 2 coming to the DFW area in the next few months and we haven't been in years.  It'll be fun!



No comments: