Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 53 Update: February 22, 2014

How does the week start out with nothing on the calendar, but by the end of it you feel like you were super busy and running around all week?  This was one of those weeks.  Jerry says I need to slow down and relax... I'm not sure I really know how.  Here's how the week went and an update on my progress for the 2014 goal list:

6. Take a Class / 25.  Follow a Budget ~  Minor set back.  I totally blew my budget this past week.  Nothing stretched as far as it was suppose to this past week and I'm trying not to feel too discouraged.  Dave says the first 3 months or so are tough and you're going to make mistakes, so I guess it's normal, but it doesn't help me be any more positive about it.  Oh well, not much I can do now, except pick up and keep going.  The chapter this week was Buyer Beware.  I really haven't made any major purchases since buying the Challenger 2 years ago, although I did over do Christmas like I always do.  One thing I know I've got coming up though is new shoes or course! ….for the Challenger :P

9.  Eat Healthy ~ I feel like I'm at least making progress on this one.  I've been cooking at home more, eating less processed foods, and eating out less.  I'm still doing my green smoothies at least 4 days a week, so getting in more fruits & veggie servings.  I was going to say that I've actually cut back on sweets this past week, trying to not even keep them in the house.  But it was pie week again… 

12.  Pie of the Month Club ~ This week was our sweet pie of the month Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie.

13.  Read 10 Books (5/10) ~ I'm already half way there and it's only February!  I finished Fifty Shades Darker this week by E. L. James.  Since I did kind of like the first one, I went ahead and checked out the second one.  It was way harder to get through.  I didn't really feel like there was much plot to it, but it was an item on my list, so I had to finish it.  (I told you guys about the ants last week).  But then she went and put a good cliffhanger at the end…so now I'm torn as to whether I really want to know what happens in the next one or if it will just another bore…..they do say "curiosity killed the cat"…

16.  Run a 5K (0/3) ~ Ok so I didn't really run an organized 5K yet, but I did run almost 3 miles this weekend.  I had to go to the bank and stuff, so killed 2 bird with one stone and ran down there to do my errands.  I did walk a little so my actual run time was like 34 minutes and something…not so bad but I can do better.  My calves are super tight today though.  And there are a couple of runs I'm keeping an eye on that are coming up….I just gotta find the registration fees in my budget somewhere.



22.  See a play ~  Ordered our tickets today!  We're going to see Spamalot next weekend with Sue and Austin.  =)

28.  Listen to my entire iTunes Library (326/5881) ~ I finished the 'A' songs and started in on the songs that start with the letter 'B'.  There are 395 songs that start with 'B' in my library, starting with B is for Brutus by The Hives (I don't really even know who that is), to Bye Bye Love by the Backstreet Boys.  Did I mention I share a library with the girls?  I got through 85 'B' songs so far, and I noticed that for some reason I have a LOT of duplicates in my library!  I swear I listened to 1 song like 4 times in a row!  Oh and then I went and bought 2 songs this week, so my total went up.  Also, I can't decide what was harder to listen to…the scream-o stuff or Justin Beiber. :-/

31.  Go Stargazing ~ So I really haven't done this yet either, but it was 75 degrees all weekend so I feel like it's gonna be warm enough for this really soon and I'm getting excited! =)

Looks like this next week is already filling up too so more to come!  Have a good one!

No comments: