Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring Break!

Although it was a busy week, it really wasn't as exciting as you might think.  I still had to work part of the week, and then even got called for work on my way to Oklahoma on Friday to deal with a fire drill.  But we got to spend a LOT of time, (all week actually) with my boyfriend and his kids.  Kind of like our own little Brady Bunch. :)

So I've filled the last two weeks, with I don't even really know what exactly, but we did tackle a few things from the list…

12.  Pie of the Month ~ So last week we had Steak Shepard's Pie last week, and Chocolate Banana Cream Pie this week.  Both were really good.  Click the links to hear more and check out the recipes!

13.  Read 10 Books (6/10) ~ I didn't really have as much time as I thought to read on my few days off.  I did start the last of the Fifty Shade Trilogy, but only got through 1 chapter.

AAHHHH Mountain Lion!
14.  Go to the Zoo ~ I know I already marked this off with the Aquarium, but we took all the kids to the Arbuckle Wilderness Park in Oklahoma last week.  The ostriches are MEAN and kinda scary, the rest of them are kinda of pitiful and  beg, acting like they haven't eaten in weeks.  Which clearly isn't the case!  We were a little disappointed that they no longer had very many exotic animals, but it still a fun, out of the ordinary way to spend the day.


Is your mama a llama??

Zebras

Plum Tuckered Out!

24.  Declutter my office ~ I'm trying the FlyLady version of this, 15 minutes a day.  I did a couple more sessions and made a small dent.  I really should be more consistent, if I did this EVERY day I'd probably have been DONE by now! :-/

Jenifer, Dylan, Lauren
26.  Go to a Concert ~ Again not a full fledge arena tour or anything, but a friend from Seattle came through town playing an acoustic show in Dallas.  This was at Opening Bell Coffee Shop and was very low keep/laid back.  I love venues like this.  




Carissa, Trish, Lauren

28. Listen to my entire iTunes Library (802 / 5901) ~ Haven't added any new songs this week, but haven't listened to very many either….Still in the C's.  All the ones that start with "Christmas" were kinda hard to stomach in March though, I must say.

40.  Go to a Rangers game ~ MY TICKETS CAME!!!!  Only 9 more days!!! *jumpsupanddown*
Opening Day Ticket
Can't Wait!!!

41.  Paint a new painting ~  I took the girls to do this last week.  We brought Chick-fil-a and cake balls and they had a lot of fun.  And of course want to go back!
We're ready to make a masterpiece!


Cheese!


Move over Van Gogh!



No comments: