Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Finishing Out March...

I feel like I've been super busy, but I don't really have a lot to update from the list.  Just a few things to finish out the month, and 2 more things completed, as well as a couple more things coming up in the near future! =)

5.  Play (and win) a game of pool ~ Jerry and I hung out on the square this weekend.  We had dinner at LSA (Lone Star Attitude), it's a great little burger joint with a fun atmosphere and good burgers.  It's everything Texas.  and 2 doors down after dinner we went to The Loophole Pub and had a couple of beers and played a few games of pool.  He totally smoked me the first game and I was getting frustrated that I stunk so bad.  But the 2nd game I kept up a little better, and only had one ball left when he sunk his last, but then scratched on the 8 ball.  So technically I won by default.  The 3rd game the tables were turned and I was actually doing pretty good, and led the whole game....but then I scratched on the 8 ball! :-/  Grrr....I shoulda won!

Pool Shark :P
Oh yeah, there was a chalkboard wall in the ladies room, and I totally went all teenager!  I mean..they wouldn't have left a big stick of chalk lying there if they didn't want you to write on it, right?? :P

Tee hee hee <3 i="">

6.  Take a Class ~ Well we finished our Financial Peace University class last week.  I'm all motivated to get everything paid off now, and got kinda depressed when Dave said that most people who are serious with this take 7-8 years to finish all the baby steps.....that's SOOOOO LOONNNGGGG, and I've got those dang ants! :-/  I think I'm gonna start selling stuff off this weekend, I think I can do it faster!  
Oh yeah, and I think I'm going to sign us up to take an East Coast Swing class!!  It starts in August, I have no rhythm and 2 left feet, but I think it'll be fun!

11.  Try a new recipe ~ Why yes I did try another new recipe, just tonight as a matter of fact!  Taco Spaghetti.  Kaylee turned her nose up, but she doesn't eat anything without sugar in it, so that doesn't count.  I liked it a LOT!

25.  Follow up a budget ~ So I'm doing pretty good about this now, before FPU I was tracking my spending, so I technically knew WHERE my money was going, but I wasn't really following a budget and telling it where to go.  I didn't put a lot of effort into sticking to a set amount, or focusing on my snowball at all.  Taking this again this year has actually reenforced the ideas, and gotten me motivated.  My budget isn't perfect and I've still gone over in some spots over the last 3 months, but I've been much more intentional about trying not to, and doing without a lot of extra stuff I didn't really need. Plus we've been eating at home a lot more, and I've paid off 3 things and gotten my only unsecured credit down to about $700....I'll knock that out in no time!  Anyway, I'm working on the debt thing and trying to perfect my budget so I don't go over at all...I'll get there. =)

28.  Listen to my entire iTunes library (968/5901) ~ So I finally finished the 'C' songs and started on the 287 'D' songs.  They started with D.D. by The Weekend (which is a Dirty Diana cover) and will end up with Dynamite by Taio Cruz.  I'm 62 in so far and haven't added anything new this week.

35.  Go to Germanfest ~ Haven't done this in AGES, but it's coming up this month.  April 25-27 if anyone wants to go with us?

40.  Go to a Rangers game ~ FINALLY!  It's baseball season!  I can't tell you how happy this makes me =)


It's my Birthday, buy me a beer!
I went to the season opener for my Texas Rangers, and what an EXCITING Opening Day it was!! Even though the Rangers lost, it was the highest scoring Opening Day game in the last 50 years!  We got out there early and stopped at 3 different tailgate parties, making some new friends and partaking of the lots, and LOTS of food and refreshments.  It was Joe's birthday (39 again, he says) and he and Laura got ENGAGED during the game!!  Super excited for them.

And yes I'm going back tomorrow!


Me and Debbie



Rachel (@averyfan) and Me


Happy Opening Day!



42.  Go to an Air Show ~ This is another thing that is coming up!  The Ft. Worth Air Power Expo is coming up this month at the Joint Reserve Base.  The only problem is that it's the same weekend as Germanfest....might be a BUSY weekend.

So it may not seem like a whole lot going on, but there is lots of stuff coming up, I feel like.  It's finally getting warm and we'll be able to go stargazing soon (#31).  The horse races open up soon too (33), I heard the commercial on the radio this week.  Plus I already mentioned Germanfest and the Air Show.  

I'm excited for the rest of the year to come, I know God has me right where He wants me, and I have everything I need.  I'm trying to forget what's behind and look forward to what's ahead (Philippians 3:13), and I know He has so MUCH more in store.

Blessings xoxo






No comments: