Monday, April 7, 2014

April Showers...

It was really kind of a slow week.  I didn't prank anyone for April Fool's and no one pranked me.  I actually forgot all about it until I started seeing everyone posting their pranks on Facebook.  Oh well...

I really didn't even get much accomplished on my list, it was just a plugging along kind of week.

28.  Listen to my entire iTunes library (1215/5901) - I started in the letter 'E', beginning with ET by Katy Perry and listening toward Eyes Like Yours by Shakira

40.  Go to a Rangers Game ~ Well duh.... Jerry and I went to the ballgame on Wednesday night and watched the Rangers beat the Phillies, 4-3
Let's Go Rangers!

Posed

J being goofy


Random ~ Did anyone know that April was National Grilled Cheese Month!?  Well it is!!  And who doesn't love grilled cheese??  In honor I'll be trying out (and posting here) some fancy grilled cheese recipes. (the only thing that makes them fancy is that they are more than just white bread and kraft slices).  So last week, during the severe storm with the storm sirens going off for a full 30 minutes, we had grilled cheese.  It was a hit!  
  • Roasted Jalapeño and Avocado Grilled Cheese - this was kind of like a jalapeño popper sandwich.  It was quiet tasty.
  • Turkey Pesto Grilled Cheese - this was by far the favorite with the kids, I even got a "best grilled cheese ever!" review =)
National Grilled Cheese Month

Luckily we were on the wimpy side of the storm and the wall cloud passed just north of us.  While we did have some high winds and the temperature dropped several degrees, we didn't get a drop of rain, even though there was circulation and choice conditions for a tornado.  During the 2nd & 3rd wave of storms we did have lots and lots and lots of rain, some small hail and high winds.  Although north and east of me, they didn't fair as well.   Anyway, try these out for yourself!

It kept trying to touch down
(taken from Dr. Pepper Park, Frisco)




No comments: