Thursday, June 26, 2014

June Progress

So it's only been 3 weeks since my last post... :-/
What have y'all been up to?  Now that school is out, we've been trying to settle back into some type of normalcy, but with all the kids running in different directions it's been a bit difficult, but I think we're finally getting there.

As for the "list" I haven't really accomplished, or marked off, anything new but am still chugging along and think there may be a few more accomplished in the near future.

2.  Pay Off Credit Debt ~ So yeah... not doing so well on this one.  I had gotten down to only 1 unsecured credit card, my car and house.  But I just can't seem to make any dent in that last card.  Somehow it's gone from about $700 to $1000 in the last 3 months....what the heck happened there?!?!  Apparently I temporarily lost focus. :-/

25.  Follow a Budget ~ I mentioned "losing focus"?  I'm not super far off, but I'm not staying on target either.  I did't budget for birthdays, and graduation or the hot water heater that went out last week... however, I was able to pay cash for the water heater thanks to my Step 1 Emergency Fund, that I'll now have to rebuild.  I better get my butt back on track!

8.  Be intentional ~ This one I feel really good about.  Although I still worry and have insecurities about stuff, I feel a lot more at peace than I did a few months ago.  I know that I can't do everything on my own, and things won't necessarily happen or be resolved in my timeline.  God has a plan for me, and always has my best interest at heart, so while I may still whine to him occasionally to speed things up, I know everything will work out.  Also, I'm reading my way back through my bible from page one, I am generally only able to get through a couple of chapters a day so it may take me a while, but I'm now in Leviticus, as well as more than half way through Psalms.

12.  Pie of the Month ~ We had Key Lime Pie this month, as common as that is, it's the first time I've ever made one.  I got stuck on a conference call and accidentally baked it a little longer than I was suppose to, but it still turned out really good and Jen said it was her 2nd favorite so far of what we've had this year!  She still likes Bumbleberry the best.

June ~ Key Lime Pie

13.  Read 10 Books (9/10) ~  I finished reading The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.  I'm still working my through The 5000 Year Leap, it's a much slower read for me.  I did however just check out 2 more fiction works from the library.  I just started The View From Here by Deborah McKinlay.

17.  Escape for a weekend away ~ Plans in the works!  We're taking all the kids to a lake house on Lake Hugo next week, and we picked up a groupon for a place on Lake Travis that's good until December.  I'm excited for both! =)  I'm hopeful to be checking off a few additional items soon. (ie. 30. Watch a sunrise; 31.  Go stargazing; 32.  Enjoy a romantic sunset)

24.  Declutter my office ~ I think I'm going to just redo this room altogether.  I started cleaning off the desk so I can move it out and will turn this back into a bedroom, whether it be for one of the girls or a guest room.

28.  Listen to my entire iTunes Library (2967/5907) ~ So I'm over half way through so far....I'm still working on the 'L' songs though, I have 36 songs left that start with L.

29.  Finish Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving ~ No I haven't started shopping yet, although I need to soon.  But I did start picking a couple of things to put on "The List."

36.  Blog regularly ~ yeah....about that... it's been 3 weeks, but at least you're up to date.  Quit your complaining :P

If you don't hear from me again before next week, hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July!  xoxo



No comments: