Thursday, June 26, 2014

June: Key Lime Pie

This month's pie was Key Lime.  I love Key Lime pie, and have never made it before.  I did cook it a little longer than I was suppose to, which I think made it a little more dense and held together, but did not ruin it all.  It turned out really good.

This recipe originally instructed to make homemade crust, I just bought one on the baking aisle.  It also said it would make 2 pies, but they would have been really skinny!  I only made one with this recipe.



Key Lime Pie

Ingredients

1 Graham Cracker Crust

Filling:
2 (14 ounce) cans EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons grated lime peel

Topping:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1.     Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake crust 10 minutes or until begins to brown. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
2.     Whisk sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and sour cream in large bowl until blended. Stir in lime peel. Pour filling into crust. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until tiny bubbles begin to form on surface of pie. Cool completely on wire rack. (**This is where I baked it like 20-25)
3.     Beat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff. Top pie with whipped cream. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.


No comments: