Sunday, June 8, 2014

May in Review

So wow did last month FLY by or what?!?  I can't believe it's already June!  So there was lots going on last month, not all that much related to "The List" but still busy non the less.

We had birthdays and graduation activities going on for the last few weeks, I barely had time to finish the blog challenge I started, much less post extra stuff....but I've been saving up.

8.  Be intentional ~ still doing good at this one.  I actually have a little routine down now and look forward to this time each morning. =)

12. Pie of the Month ~ Ok so this one wasn't really my official pie for May or even June, it was just an extra recipe I found and wanted to try.

Root Beer Float Pie


Root Beer Float Pie
Ingredients

1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 cup cold diet root beer
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
Maraschino cherries, optional

Directions
1.    In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
2.    Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.  Move to refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving.
3.    Dollop extra whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired.


Yield: 8 servings.

13.  Read 10 Books (8/10) ~ So I've slowed way down on this....I'm still in the middle of 2 different books but haven't finished either one yet.  I'm close on the one, but just barely inching through the other one.  I'll get there....I already have a big list of ones I want to read as soon as I'm finished with these...

19.  Dance in the Rain ~ I sure wish I'd taken a picture of this.  But I got to dance with my boo in a shower on the back porch while we grilled some burgers, and it was fabulous.  I'm ready to do it again. *swoon*

21.  Add charms to my bracelet ~ So technically I didn't add any to my own personal bracelet, but I did buy 2 last month to add to Lauren & Jen's bracelets.  Just wanted to share. =)

23.  Complete a Challenge ~ So you all got to see that I did a 10 Day Blog Challenge.  I didn't necessarily complete it in 10 days, but I don't know if that was technically a rule.  I did complete it by blogging 10 times, and all within the same month so there!  I have also started another challenge...the 30 Day Ab &Squat Challenge....I may or may not already be a day behind :-/


25.  Follow a Budge ~ So I was doing so good....but lately I've totally fallen off the wagon. :-/
But I'm committing to picking myself back up and jumping back on.  

28.  Listen to my Entire iTunes Library (2756/5907) ~ Apparently I added another song, but I also got through I, J and K!  I'm already half way through L...next up "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel. :-)

36.  Blog Regularly ~ So yes life gets in the way sometimes and I might be slow to update, but I did complete that challenge and try to at least update a few times a month.  I'd say I'm 'meeting expectations' ;-)

I thought of another thing to add to my list, because obviously the other 30 things that I haven't yet finished now that I'm already half way through the year aren't enough...

43.  Try a new restaurant (4/12) ~ I'd really like to do this at least once a month.  I do already have a start on it, and once a month isn't too crazy for my budget I don't think.  So far I can think of 4 that I've been to for the first time since the first of the year.  I'm kind of thinking that there may be another one, but I guess if I can't think of it maybe it wasn't good enough to remember and doesn't count.
New places we've tried in 2014 include:
  • Lone Star Attitude ~ I think I already told you about this one.  It's a fun little burger joint on the Denton Square that's full of Texas culture. A+
  • Old West Cafe ~ Nan took me here for breakfast and I've gone back a few times since.  Awesome place that's only open for breakfast and lunch, and always has a line at least 30 minutes deep (unless you get there at 6AM).  You HAVE to try the 'Big Hoss', UH-MAZ-ING!!
  • 7 Mile Cafe ~ Another breakfast and lunch place that Nan took me to.  They have a really good vegan cinnamon roll that I wasn't really sure I'd like....I was wrong.
  • Cartwright Ranch House ~ this is a little diner on the square that serves home cooking.  I wasn't knocked off my feet, but it was ok and we had a really good waitress.
Extras ~

There is always so much going on at the end of the school year, I think the choir squeezed like 3 concerts into the last 2 weeks, and my oldest daughter graduated this weekend.  I'm glad schools' finally out because I feel like I can get a breather and relax.  But I kind of feel like the girls will be driving nuts and I'll probably be ready for them to go back by next week!  LOL

Class of 2014

I don't know if you can see the caps flying?

My favorite girls



I made this cake for Jen's birthday and it went over so well that it was requested for the Memorial Day cookout we went to.

Red, White and Blue cake

Ashley came to town for work and I dragged her out for dinner and then to a ballgame, I think I made a new Rangers fan! ;-)



Hopefully I can check some more things off the list this summer!  Have a fun one! 


No comments: