Monday, September 1, 2014

August under way...

Oh wait...

yeah, yeah, yeah...I know it's already over, can you believe how fast the summer went this year?!?!

I started this post way earlier in the month, but then just never got back to it to finish and post.  So August got way busy, way fast.  But unfortunately, not because I was busy checking things off my list.

But here's the scoop anyway, in case you're interested.

8.  Be Intentional ~ I know the year isn't over yet, but I've been doing really well at this.  I've established the habit now and actually look forward to my quiet time in my quiet little corner before the girls even get up in the morning.  I totally even miss it on days when I do have to skip, which I could probably count on one hand in the past 6-8 months.

11.  Try a New Recipe ~ I know I had already checked this off, and have really continued to try a new one every month.  But I couldn't NOT tell you about this one!  My Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter, it was so good, I think I may make some more today!

Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter

12.  Pie of the Month ~ For August, I made Impossible Cheeseburger Pie, an old favorite dinner pie. And the much awaited and anticipated Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.  It was worth the wait and has actually been requested as the monthly pie for the rest of the year, and for Thanksgiving and birthdays! LOL

Impossible Cheeseburger Pie

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

18.  Start Scrapbooking again ~ Not exactly ready to mark this off as a completed task, but I did choose an event and print the pictures.  So it's at lease step 1, right?  I also used this scrapbook skills to practice on something else coming up. I think this one will be completed soon.

24.  Declutter the Office ~ DONE!  I did actually get some help, but we totally rearranged this room.  It's technically not even "the office" anymore.  I left my craft area in the corner, but it now has 2 twin beds in place for company.  I'm still waiting on a mattress to become available for one of them, but that should happen this month.

28.  Listen to my entire iTunes Library (3128/ 5909) ~ So obviously I don't spend much time listening to music on the computer since I've moved.  I'm sitting here now still trying to get through the 'M' songs as I type this update! :-/

31.  Go Stargazing ~ One night last summer, right after we started dating Jerry and I snuck out in the middle of the night and went drove out to the middle of nowhere and laid in the back of the pick up and watched the Perseid Meteor Shower and talked for hours.  I snuck back in at dawn and it is still one of the best dates I've ever had!! We had plans to go do this a few weeks ago, on the anniversary of our first date actually.  But then it stormed all night :-(  We didn't get to see any stars, but I still found some sparkles!!!
ENGAGED!!

He's not exactly getting off the hook, I still want to go stargazing soon, but it was still an awesome date! =D

40.  Go to a Rangers game ~ of course we squeezed in a few more games!  It's starting to get busy with wedding plans though so probably won't have too many more.  But football season starts next week so maybe we can get to a Cowboys game soon!






43. Try a new Restaurant (11/12) ~ We've been eating in a lot lately, and when we have gone out it's been to places we have been to before I guess.  Oh well, we have time to try at least 1 new place before the end of the year! :P

44.  Shoe Challenge ~  I've been posting my updates every week.  Since I work from home and generally walk around barefoot, if I don't go out I may not wear shoes all day, which is why most of my posts are close to the weekend.  But I'm on pair 15 so far, check them out here.  I really haven't even counted lately to see what the end total is.  Maybe I should do that for next post.

Pair 14



Here are some other random things that happened in August, not necessarily on the list but they were kinda fun.


I literally had to stop in the middle of the road to wait for this rooster to strut across the street in front of us, in a residential city neighborhood!  I couldn't get my camera out and up fast enough, he'd already made it to the other side, but it was HILARIOUS!


I have started crafting some stuff....there's a WEDDING coming up soon! =)




Some random stuff that's already started creeping over to live here...I'm kind of excited about when the rest might get here...


No comments: