Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Shabby Chic Picture Frame

We've started a monthly girls night and last month we went and did a shabby chic class.  I love doing this kind of crafty / remodel stuff.

We went to Serendipity on the Square in Denton, if you're in the area you should sign up for a class for yourself.  The class is $40 and includes a piece of furniture and all the supplies to repurpose your masterpiece.

I started with an old window...

Then a base color using a chalk based paint, (oh and a glass of wine)...



Then blended my color of choice and applied a waxy varnish coat.


Brought it home, cleaned the glass, inserted pictures, applied some burlap to the back and a big flower to match my decor and hung it in my kitchen!


This really wasn't hard to do, and longest part being the waiting for coats of paint to dry!  Oh and pick the pictures I wanted to put in it! LOL



No comments: