Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Creamy Verde Chicken

I wish I were creative enough to invent my own dish, but the hard part for me is the “idea.”  I will say however, that I’m pretty good and taking a recipe and doctoring it up to something a little different that we like.    So…you know me.  I came across a recipe, then totally using it as a guide added a few things and came up with this, so I’m gonna call it mine.  :P 

DEFINITELY a make again!!  I was so excited by this I totally FORGOT to take a picture to go with this blog! :-/  Just know it was AMAZING – you have to try it!!

Creamy Chicken Verde

Ingredients
4-6 pieces of chicken Melanesia

Breading:
½ c flour
½ tsp salt & pepper (I used Nature’s Season)
2 eggs
1 Tbsp water
½ c bread crumbs
¼ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Verde Cream Sauce:
1 c sour cream
2 oz cream cheese
½ jar salsa verde              
1 (4 oz) can diced chilies
6-10 slices jalepno, to taste
¼ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp cumin
2 Tbsp minced cilantro
2 med lime

Directions
1.       Mix flour, salt & pepper in a paper plate
2.       In wide bowl, scramble eggs & water
3.       Mix bread crumbs and remaining seasonings in a separate paper plate
4.       Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture
5.       In saucepan, mix sour cream, cream cheese, salsa, coriander, cumin and cilantro over low heat.
6.       Meanwhile in large skillet, heat olive oil over med-high heat. 
7.       Mix green chilies and jalapeno slices in blender until almost smooth.  Add to sour cream mixture in saucepan.
8.       While sauce heats slowly, brown chicken until done.  Remove to paper towels to soak up excess oil.  Squeeze ½ of a lime over meat.
9.       Squeeze remaining lime into sauce and mix.
10.   When sauce is smooth and bubbly, remove from heat and serve over chicken.

No comments: