Friday, May 29, 2015

Fast Fact Friday

It's Friday!!  Who doesn't love Friday?  It's like the best day of the week, and something we look forward to every week....the start of the WEEKEND!!


Today's topic:  The Early Years:

1. Where did you grow up?  Lewisville, TX

2.  What is your earliest memory?  It seems like everything that comes to mind for this question happened when I was about 5 (maybe 4-6).  

  • I remember watching TV with my uncle one night and he was eating Doritos.  Apparently I wanted some, but rather than ask for some I just went up and took the bag from him.  He got really mad and swatted my butt!  I think it really hurt my feelings more than anything else, but he was always my scary uncle.  It could be too because he always talked so loud. LOL
  • I remember when, I think I was 5 or 6,  my mom took my to my grandmother's hair dresser and they tricked me and I came out with that stupid Dorothy Hamill hair cut!  My hair had been 3 quarters down my back....I was MAD!
  • I remember riding home from my grandparents house, lying in the back hatch of my dad's 1966 Corvette at night looking at stars. 


3.  What are some of your favorite childhood memories?  
  • Going to the baseball games with my dad and uncles and cousins.  It's part of why I love baseball today!  Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Cheverolet!
  • Going to the cabin in Lake Tahoe with my grandparents and cousins every summer.  My grandfather making pancakes for breakfast, making card houses, getting ice cream on the beach and lying in a hammock under these huge pine trees.
  • The tree swing at my grandparents house...and the vegetable garden. Snapping peas with my grandmother while she watched Days of Our Lives.  Eating a big slice of watermelon in the back yard in the summer, and juice running down your arms, then grandpa hosing us off before we could go inside.  Oh and picking strawberries and eating them right out of the patch!
4. Which schools did you attend?

  • Hedrick Elementary (K-4)
  • Lakeland Elementary (5)
  • Hedrick Middle School (6)
  • Delay Middle School (7-8)
  • Marcus High School (9-10)
  • Lewisville High School (11-12)

5. Who were some of your best friends?  (Do you still keep in touch with them?)

  • My first best friend in Kindergarten was Terri N.  (We don't really keep in touch, but are facebook friends).
  • Later when I started playing soccer (3rd grade) I was best friends with Amy S.  (We don't keep in regular touch, but again are facebook friends, and occasionally do call or text  and can talk for hours). 
  •  Through middle school it was Michelle C.  (We don't really keep in touch, but are facebook friends).
  • The summer before 5th grade is when I met Janice, and we kind of had a rocky start and didn't really like each other at first.  But by middle school we were BFFs and have been ever since.  We still do stuff together and talk almost every day!
What do you remember from your "early years"?  Leave your comments or link to your blog below.

No comments: