Thursday, June 4, 2015

May in Pictures

Time for another month of pictures of what I was up to last month.  It was pretty busy for me, if it's possible, it felt like it went by faster than April!  Even with the monsoon!

We went out with our good friends to the local brew house for a cold one and some live music...

Me & Sue
...I got to see Darcy for her birthday...

Vicki, Me and Darcy
...it started raining, so we stayed in for drinks the next week.  I tried my hand a fresh pineapple / jalapeño margarita, and it was pretty dang tasty, if I don't say so myself!...

Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita
...we took my mom out for lunch for Mother's Day...

Me, Mom & Randee
...and it kept raining...

Downtown Krum
...we celebrated Mother's Day with a tornado....

My front yard

Wayyy too close!!

Storm Damage

More local damage

...it stopped briefly in time to catch a ballgame with my honey...

Elvis at Bat

Me & Studhubs

 ...I went out of town for a girls weekend and worked on my blog and some scrapbook pages.  After an adventurous 4 hour drive, we finally made it to our retreat.  And were treated to a nice sunset...

Maypearl

...back home it kept raining...but a few days later this strange thing appeared in the sky for a few minutes...

7:30 AM

...then it was gone...

9:00 AM
...took Studhubs out for his birthday, but came home for cocktails....

Fruity Cocktail I Made Up

...threw a birthday for my step-daughter, now 18!...

Jen and her own cake
 ...made Jen a monster cake for her party...


Piñata Cake
 ...my family came...
Jennifer, Doug, Lauren and PaPa
...and all Jen's friends, a rousing game of Apples to Apples ensued...


...love these crazy kids!...
Kaylee, Lauren, Josh & Jen
...it rained here literally 25 days during the month of May this year.  There was a LOT of water....everywhere!...



...when it finally stopped raining, Studhubs and I wandered out for a walk...

Studhubs
...we live near the creek and there have been turtles everywhere!  They've been displaced by the flooding.  One of my neighbors mentions helping a turtle cross the road almost every other day....

...we even found some crawdads...


...I tested my bartender skills one more time with a watermelon margarita...there was nothing else to do apparently, it was too wet. LOL...

Watermelon Margarita


So what did you do this month?  Did you stay dry?

No comments: