Saturday, February 8, 2014

February Update

Yes I know, I'm failing miserably at #36 (Blog Regularly) but it's been crazy busy couple of weeks.  I know that's not really an excuse, but it's all I got! :P

I had a really busy week at work and then had company in from out of town, so this really just kind of fell to the wayside.  But I did try to keep track of what was going on so that I could give y'all an update.

Me and Sue

Jerry and I went and saw The Blasters with some friends.  If you don't know who the Blasters are, they are a rock band from the early 80's, with kind of a rockabilly sound.  They played a small venue in Dallas on the outdoor stage.  It would have been a really cool place, but it happened to be 23* that night!!! Had I known it would be outdoors, I would have dressed for functionality rather than cute.  My bad :-/  It was stink in' COLD!!  But we still had fun and got to hear some great music.  It was a small venue but I think it counts toward #26 (Go to a concert).
Me and my Boo <3 i="">



We went to a party that weekend too, it was at someone's house that I've only met one other time and all her family and friends were there, so I didn't know anyone except Jerry and his kids.  But everyone was really nice and apparently I was a big hit.  Who knew?
Party Animals


Sri Lanka
The next week my best friend Matt came into town from Minnesota, so we did a lot of running around.  Even though dramatic teenagers and the yucky weather didn't cooperate and we didn't get to do as much as we'd liked.  We did go to the Dallas World Aquarium one day.

I used to work half a block from there and had never been!  It was pretty cool.  They had all kinds of birds, monkeys, and even a sloth!   I really enjoyed the big tanks from around the world and all of the colorful fish.  This counts as #14 (Go to the zoo), right?

And the shark really liked Sharon, he kept circling her head!! =)



I swear he was looking RIGHT at me!
This fish didn't swim, but WALKED on the bottom!




There was even a Jaguar ~ RAWRR!

Craziest seahorse I've ever seen!

Sharon and her shark!

While Matt was in town, we also did a little shopping in Highland Park….errrr "browsing".
Love me some Louboutins!

You think Coco has a pair of these?













6. Take a class ~ So technically I am taking "Financial Peace University" at church.  We are on week 3 (Cash Flow Planning).  We've learned about Saving, my emergency fund is halfway there, Relationships and Money and how to Make a Budget.  So this is helping me with #25 (Follow a budget) too!  I've actually done really well for the past few weeks.  I've converted to the envelope system and am not even carrying my debit card with me at all!  I'm much more aware of how much I'm spending and what I really want to spend it on, since I only have that finite amount on me and no back up.  Dave ain't lyin' when he says, "Cash hurts worse than swiping!"   I know it's only been a few weeks, but I'm all proud of myself.  I seem to be really committed to doing this, and you gotta start somewhere, right?

11. Try a new recipe (6/24) ~ So I've actually tried three (3) in the last few weeks.

  • Cajun Beef Casserole - this was made w/ ground beef, mixed vegetables, cornbread and cheese.  Really the only thing that made it "cajun" was the cajun spices.  Which didn't seem like very much and I added more.  It was really kind of sweet, instead of spicy.  We gave it an "eh"….it was alright.
  • Stuffed Pork Chops - the chops I bought were a little thin and I did it backwards and browned them before stuffing them.  I didn't want it to fall out in the skillet :S  They were stuffed with mixed veggies and rice and topped with an alfredo sauce.  Anyway, this was a little bland also, and the girls didn't really like it.  But the boys got seconds….again it was just alright.
  • Salsa Verde Chicken - this was kind of like a King Ranch type dish, layered with a creamy chicken mixture, corn tortillas and cheese.  I actually liked this one and more than half of the group went back for seconds.  The green verde salsa was in interesting spin.  I might make this one again. =)
Next week is Pie of the Month week, stay tuned!

13. Read 10 books (4/10) ~ I finished a 4th book a couple of weeks ago, Guilty Wives by James Patterson, and am about 2/3 way through number 5!  Maybe I can keep up the pace since I'm on a budget now and staying in more…

22. See a play ~ There are two (2) coming up at Campus Theater that we are thinking of going to.  Just need to work ticket cost into my budget. :-/

24. Declutter the office ~ I actually started this….but haven't really gotten very far.  My biggest challenge I think is going to be figuring out what to DO with all this stuff!?

New ballpark shoes?  They are RANGERS blue!
40. Go to a Rangers game ~ No….not yet… :-(  However!  Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training in 8 DAYS!!! This girl can't wait!

41. Paint a new painting ~ I have passes I need to use before the end of the month, and I've already made plans to take the girls to do one they picked out on March 1.


Until next time….I'll try and do better. *mwah*


No comments: