Sunday, April 27, 2014

Speedy Shepherd's Pie

A quick and easy meat and potatoes dinner.  I of course made some adjustments.  I skipped the onion and added some extra veggies.

Speedy Shepherd's Pie

1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 med onion, chopped (I skipped this)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1 env taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups mashed potatoes (If I'd had them I would have used instant and it would have been even faster to make)

I added:
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup frozen corn (you could use a can and drain it)
2-3 med carrots, chopped
1 can Rotel, drained

1. Brown ground beef and veggies, until no longer pink.  Drain.
2. While meat and veggies brown, make mashed potatoes.
3. Stir in water, taco seasoning and Rotel.  Heat through.
4. Stir in 1 cup cheese, and turn into 10" pie plate.
5. Stir remaining cup cheese into mashed potatoes and spread on top of beef mixture.
6. Broil 5-6 minutes or until top is golden brown.

No comments: