Sunday, April 27, 2014

Oh April...how time flies...


Dang can you believe it's already the end of April?!?!  Me either!

I feel like it's been super busy, but most of it has just been that....busy.  But here's an update on the fun stuff and where I'm at in my list. =)

8.  Be Intentional ~ I'm not proud to admit that I have fallen prey to my business in the past year or so.  But I wrote this with all those "good intentions" of getting back to where I need to be.  So while I have gotten better about my prayer life in the last couple of months, it's still not really where I'd like it to be.  However this past week I have been more determined to make sure I am carving out some time in the morning for this and to actually be reading my bible also.  I purposely started small, but I have a good feeling already and am determined to stick with it and continue improving in this area that I know I need so much.  I am really only hurting myself by slacking off.

9.  Eat healthy ~ So with the exception of this past weekend, I think I'm doing pretty good at this one.  I've been cooking at home a lot more, which means out way less, and eating less processed foods.  I could probably still work on cutting out the sweets, but ya know...baby steps!

10.  Lose 15 pounds ~ Fail :-/
I haven't gained any, but what was I thinking trying to do this AND a Pie of the Month?!? *sigh*

11.  Try a new Recipe ~ Extra Pie!  Haha yep I came across a quick and easy dinner dish that I had all the stuff for one night when I was kind of in a last minute bind with no plan.  It turned out to be a Shepherd's Pie.  So we accidentally had unscheduled pie, but it was pretty good!

Speedy Shepherd's Pie


12.  Pie of the Month ~ Speaking of pie...

This month's sweet pie was Bumbleberry Pie.  It's our favorite so far and I hope you'll like it too!  Check it out HERE.

Bumbleberry Pie

13.  Read 10 Books (8/10) ~ I finished 2 more works of fiction...Yes I forced my way through the last in the Fifty Shades series, I have this thing about finishing...so of the 3, the first one was ok, the second one stunk, and the third one a little better than the second.  I can't say I'd necessarily recommend them.  What was it they say about "curiosity"?  I also read another Janet Evanovich book, now hers I generally recommend.  The Chase is the 2nd in a serious about an FBI teaming up under cover with a con man on the 10 Most Wanted list.  It's pretty entertaining.

25.  Follow a Budget ~ I think I'm finally getting the hang of this thing.  I'm still struggling with the "Zero Based" thing, but I at least have a plan and am trying to stick pretty close to it.  This next month looks promising as long as nothing comes up.  Still trucking...

28.  Listen to my entire iTunes library (1739 / 5906) ~ Well it looks like I added a couple of songs to my total, though I'm not sure I can tell you what they were! LOL  Anyway, apparently I've been listening to my iTunes more than I've been blogging.  Since last update I listened all the way through my 'F' songs (201), all the way through my 'G' songs (203) and started on the 'H' songs (314).  If it weren't for all the dang duplicates I could probably be on like S or T by now!!  Maybe when I finish I'll try and clean that out some.

31.  Go stargazing ~ Well....I wish I could say mission accomplished, but... We started out on a trek to find the perfect spot around here to watch the Lyrid Meteor Shower which peaked this week.  We packed a small cooler and a blanket and drove around for almost an hour looking for the perfect location.  We finally found a spot that looked like it would be pretty good away from the lights, and get out to find that stupid clouds had rolled in! >:-|

35.  Go to Germanfest ~ Done and Done!  This celebration of the Muenster's German heritage was exactly how I remembered it!  Same location, same food, same beer truck, same polka music...fun, fun, fun!  It seemed like there were a lot less of the craft booths than I remember, but that's ok.  It was a beautiful day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I hope Jerry had as much fun as I did. =)

Prost!
36.  Blog regularly ~ So what is really considered "regularly"?  I've not been great at every week or anything, but at least a couple of times a month and I'm keeping track of all my progress.  I think I'm doing pretty good.  I just hope somebody's reading it??? LOL
40.  Go to a Rangers game ~ I know, I know...I already accomplished this.  But I did it again!! Yay me!  TWICE even!  Jerry and I went on 04/13 and upgraded to the Commissioner's box, then stayed to see Mercy Me in concert afterward.  Then we went back the following week on Easter Sunday and took ALL the kids!!  We even let Lauren drive and Jerry and sat in the 3rd row.  The whole day was pretty interesting to say the least...
April 13th


View From the Back...




Easter Sunday
42.  Go to an Air Show ~  So the Fort Worth Air Power Expo was this weekend.  It was the first Air Show of the season in this area and the Blue Angels performed, for the first time in 3 years.  But we were super busy this weekend, so we didn't make it this time.  But there are some more coming up in the next couple of months, so we are keep an eye on the calendar.






No comments: