Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tell Your Story Tuesday...Challenge #5



It’s hard to come up with something descriptive for EVERY letter, so my answers are pretty random, the hardest part was using a word that started with the letters I had left.  Everytime I thought of something about me to share, I’d already used that letter. :-/

Anyway, get creative.  Although I was random, you could totally pick a subject to center them around if you’re so inclined…(ie. people, food, activities, possessions, or places you’ve been, etc.) The blog world is yours!

This week’s challenge: What is something that describes you from each letter of the alphabet?

The ABC’s of Me:

A: Amiable - I've been told I'm very friendly.  I try to be. =)

B: Baseball! – I’m a fanatic.  I have great childhood memories of going to games with my dad and my uncles and a big Tupperware dish of homemade fried chicken, and still prefer to be AT the game then watching on TV, and am always loyal to my Rangers! 

C: Crafts – I’ve always enjoyed creating something fun.  I make things for my home, give as gifts.  Studhubs teases me, “She’s Crafty”

D: Dancing with the Stars – a guilty pleasure.  It’s the closest thing to a reality show, or contestant show, that I watch.  Heck I don’t even recognize half of the “stars”, but I still watch and pick my favorites to root for, which usually tends to be the underdog.  I wish I could dance like that.

E: Extraordinary Chef – Not really, but I already used C (cooking) and B (baking).  So anyway the tidbit here is that I like to cook and bake.  I try to find and use a new recipe every week of something we haven't tried before.  My stepson told me he'd never had such a wide variety before, it does help out with the weekly same ol' syndrome! :)  Another thing I like to do though is use most recipes as a "guideline"  I totally customize almost everything I make to cater to my family and the things we like.  Skip on over to my Recipes page and try one for yourself.

F: Ford – My first car was a 1977 Ford Maverick, not new, not fancy, not even a fun color, but I saved up my own money and paid for it myself.  Now I drive a Dodge Challenger and I look damn good driving it! :P

G: Girls – I have 2 gorgeous, talented daughters.

H: Hawaii – A place I want to be able to go some day.  I’ve never been but it’s definitely on my bucket list.  Along with Surprise, Arizona for Spring Training and someplace to see the Northern Lights.

I: Ice Cream – another guilty pleasure.  It doesn’t matter if it’s hot or cold out, I love ice cream, especially Bluebell Ice Cream.  I feel sorry for the northerners who can’t get Bluebell. 

J: Janice – my bestest friend in the world since 5th grade!  We still talk almost every day and can still chat for hours every time. <3 comment-3--="" nbsp="">

K: Kooky - Studhubs calls it OCD, but he exaggerates!  He also suggested "kinetic" the science of motion, because I am always on the move...can't sit still actually, even in my sleep, he says.... again surely he exaggerates! :P

L: Lewisville – the town I grew up in, and graduated High School in.

M: Mysteries – I’m a reader and Mysteries are currently my favorite genre, I seem to have out grown the cheesy romances, although I don’t mind a thread of relationship/romance between the characters in my mysteries.

N: Newlywed – I just got married 6 months ago and am still on the high and think my Studhubs is amazing!  I am so, so blessed to have been saved for him.

O: Opening Day! – It’s coming up quick and I can’t wait!  It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and I will “be there with bells on!”  Go Rangers!!

P: Pie – my favorite dessert.  With the exception of last year and my Pie of the Month, I try not to have it too often, but really I think pie does qualify as a favorite.  I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again….who doesn’t love pie?

Q: Quilting – my latest obsession.  I tend to go in spurts with my crafting, I’ve done paper crafts and cars, scrapbooking, sewing, fabric crafts, etc…but currently I’m re-energized in quilting.  I finally finished one I had started several years ago, and am currently working on finishing a t-shirt quilt I started in the 90’s using all my 80’s concert shirts.

R: Random – I’m kind of a talker and have been known to ramble.  I also have this habit (annoying to some) of jumping from topic to topic, or just blurting out something that jumps in my head that seems totally unrelated to the current conversation.

S: Shoes – I love shoes, it’s really more of an addiction actually.  The higher the better, but one could have worse vices, right?

T: Texas Rangers – did I mention I love baseball?!  It doesn’t matter if we’re having a winning season, a losing season, or a deluge of injuries, I’ll ALWAYS root for my Texas Rangers!

U: Uptown Funk – My jam at the moment!  I am absolutely loving this song, it's so funky and fun and I really dig the mouton-ish feel to it.  

V: Vanilla - one of my favorite flavors, and I'm pretty darn white.  Like glow in the dark, white!

W: Windchimes – I love the sounds they make.  Espcially the ones that use larger pipes, not so much the little ‘tinkley’ ones.  They are just so beautiful.  Chimes are on my craft “To Do” list, I want to try and learn how to make my own.

X: Xanadu - I loved that movie when I was a teen! Plus I can't think of anything else that starts with X that's interesting. LOL

Y: Younger - As in I wish I were...I'm quite proud of the fact that, at least for now, everyone tells me I look younger than I am.  I try really hard to take care of myself.

Z: Zodiac - I'm a Capricorn

What's your story?  Link up and play along...



UPDATE: Accompanying scrapbook page



No comments: