Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tell Your Story Tuesday...Challenge #8



Addictions...

Everyone has them. Some people are addicted to bad things, some are addicted to good things. Some people won’t admit it, and other’s happily admit it!

This week’s challenge: What are some addictions that you have?

You can focus on one addiction, or you can record all of them. You can make a list of them and tell why. You can take a picture of each one and make a slideshow or scrapbook page of them. You can record in detail what you’ve done to try and stop this addiction, or you can say nothing at all about it. You can laugh about it, or get serious about it. Write a song or a poem about it. It’s up to you how you want to record it!


What are some addictions that you have?

I admit it….I’m addicted to…

Lip Balm – I constantly have to have some type of lip balm on.  It started just at night, but it’s turned into a pretty much every waking moment.  If I even THINK my lips feel dry or tight, I reapply.  If I’m going out, I start with a lip conditioner, then apply color and sometimes even top with gloss.  It’s almost as if I feel naked without it.




Shoes – I love cute shoes!  I cannot pass up a pair of cute shoes, I have them in every style and color.  Many times I will pick the shoes I’m going to wear that day and decide what outfit will match those!  My favorite is heels, the higher the better. I have 56 pair in my closet currently, and have been known to vacuum in them, as well as wear them to the ballpark!



Baseball – My favorite sport!  Especially the Texas Rangers.  Honestly, I don’t even necessarily care who else is playing unless it’s related to the Rangers.  Like I don’t watch the other AL West teams’ games, but do watch the standings and generally know what they are doing and how it affects our standings.  I don’t like the Yankees or the Angels because they are big rivals of my team, I prefer when those teams lose.  I’m still bitter about “Game 6” and the Cardinals are now on my ‘don’t like’ list too.  I have to buy at least 1 new t-shirt every season.  I am a season ticket holder (although just a small package) and usually end up picking up extra games and go to as many games as possible, and watch the rest from home.  I’m not so bad that I DVR them or anything but my DVR does get backed up with weeks of other shows because I’m watching the ballgames live.  Almost always the first thing people will ask me about when they see me, is the Rangers! (after they look at what shoes I’m wearing). ;-)




Studhubs – Yes I admit it!  I’m addicted to my husband.  I’m still a newlywed and I think he’s AMAZING!  We dated for a year and a half and have been married 6 months and have still never had a fight, which most people think is weird.  He treats me good, he loves the Lord, he’s considerate of my kids, even when they act like brats and pretty much spoils me.  Yes, he does have his quirks, but in the end they aren’t that important, and I can’t really ever remember a time where I was treated like such a princess.   I love spending time with him, doing things for him, and really want to do everything in my own power to make him happy.



What's your story?  Link up and share...



UPDATED: Accompanying scrapbook page




No comments: